Global Operations Director
Healthcare systems have never been more challenged. One in every three people are dying from preventable causes. There are rising numbers of patients with multiple chronic diseases. Many populations are aging. Healthcare systems must reconcile these challenges against a backdrop of already stretched budgets, 30% of which are used inefficiently. Many solutions to these challenges already exist. We need to help patients and systems to access them.
Movement Health 2030 does this by paving the way for public-private partnerships, accelerating the progress of new solution adoption across healthcare systems.The Movement works with a range of healthcare stakeholders to discover big, bottleneck problems in healthcare services that if solved, will open the floodgates to improved patient outcomes and reduce the cost of care.
In the next three years, over 50 countries will join the Movement. HCPs, policymakers, corporations and entrepreneurs will co-create solutions and align on the outcomes required to scale these healthcare solutions actionable and compelling. Systemic solutions will be co-created and pilots will be launched with external partners to help bring about fast, impactful transformation. But pilots are just the beginning. Their results will stimulate meaningful, evidence-based healthcare system transformation proposals that suggest policy and operational evolution unlocking access to better healthcare for all.
And we would like YOU to join us!
We are embarking on this exciting journey together with over 29 Roche affiliates and a growing number of local, regional and global external partners. We feel passionately that the initiative is, at its heart, about action and systems change and we need a passionate, strategic and highly motivated outcome owner to help us make this a reality.
In May 2021 Roche CEC agreed to have Roche as a co-founder of Movement Health as an independent foundation. This is an important step as it strengthens the credibility of the platform and will aid us in truly building a movement of like minded individuals and organizations. The project manager will deliver the outcomes that the co-founders require to set the platform for long term partnerships.
The assignment will run for 8 months with a view to extend and will require a 100% time commitment. The primary function of the role is to lead the operating practices of the initiative as it evolves to become a Foundation. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Implement the architecture of the operational model that enables cross-country synergies, and local scalable solutions with impact on the framework, with as much focus as possible of the teams on external value generation
- Continue the set up of a team according to the operational structure
- Coordinate the scaling strategy execution of innovative solutions and policy interventions
- Coordinate and execute with Roche regional project leads the transition to the new operational model
- Ensure Movement Health runs according to an agile methodology as a learning organization and that project steps are in alignment with the Global Board’s expectations and objectives, on time, within budget and according to project standards and methods
- Keep a fluent communication with various stakeholder groups on local, regional and global levels as required
Roche Project Sponsors: Rolf Hoenger, Pharma Area Head LATAM and Rachel Le Sueur, Head of Communications and Public Affairs, Pharma International. The assignment will involve working closely with Hector Pourtale, Programme Lead, Movement Health and the external partners.
Time Commitment: 100%. This role is location agnostic, but will require the ability to attend virtual meetings in Central European time zones.
Timeline: Eight months starting May 2022 with a view to extend within the Foundation when it will be consolidated.
What will you learn?
Through this initiative, you will work with an entrepreneurial, innovative approach based on collaboration. You will learn from colleagues and partners from around the world as you help lead our efforts to shape healthcare ecosystems. You will acquire more in-depth knowledge on new ways of working around inquiry and experimentation and learn more about innovation, incubation, impact investment models and partnership with global institutions. You will be exposed to people who are coming up with some of the newest solutions in healthcare and be on the journey with them as they try to scale them across borders- with our help.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Experience with multi-stakeholder engagement
- Strong strategic project management capabilities
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure, often amidst competing demands
- Strong ability to collaborate, influence and drive engagement
- Creativity and drive
- Flexibility to work across time zones
- Strong networking skills
- Experience with conflict management
Next step: If interested, please contact us at email@example.com by May 20th. Please share, briefly, why you are interested and what would make you a great addition to the Movement Health team.